Social Media Revolution
The internet, and more specifically social media are evolving at a phenomenal rate. Below are a few key facts, along with a must watch video.
- Over 50 percent of the world's population is under the age of 30.
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- Facebook added over 200 million users in less than a year.
- We don't have a choice on whether we do social media; the question is how well we do it.
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world's third largest, ahead of the U.S. and only behind China and India.
- Yet, QQ and Renren dominate China.
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment; 95% of these use LinkedIn.
- Ashton Kutcher and Ellen DeGeneres (combined) have more Twitter followers than the populations of Ireland, Norway, or Panama.
- 50% of the mobile Internet traffic in the U.K. is for Facebook - people update anywhere, anytime.
- Generation Y and Z consider e-mail passe - some universities have stopped distributing e-mail accounts. Instead they are distributing e-readers, iPads, and tablets.
- While you watch the above video, 100-plus hours of video will be uploaded to YouTube.
- Wikipedia has over 15 million articles. Studies show it's more accurate than the Encyclopedia Britannica. 70-80% of these articles are not in English.
- Because of the speed in which social media enables communication, word-of-mouth now becomes world-of-mouth.
- If you were paid $1 for every time an article was posted on Wikipedia, you would earn $1,712 per hour.
- Only 18% of traditional TV campaigns generate a positive ROI.
- 60 million status updates happen on Facebook daily.
- Successful companies in social media act more like Dale Carnegie and less like Mad Men - listening first, selling second.
- The ROI of social media is that your business will still exist in five years.
- comScore indicates that Russia has the most engaged social media audience, with visitors spending 6.6 hours and viewing 1,307 pages per visitor per month - Vkontakte.ru is the number one social network.
Please contact us for further information about how we can help with your social media, website design, internet strategy and SEO.